Below is an excellent article containing 5 great reasons to mastermind. If you don’t know what a mastermind group is, it’s simply a group of professionals who gather to put their heads together and learn and benefit from a group and others in a similar position. If you’re a fitness entrepreneur, you stand to benefit immensely from a group like this.
1. Be accountable to action. Self-employed really can become synonymous with, “I’ll get to that when I get a chance.” Too often the self-employed will make decisions counterproductive to growth in their own business. Way too caught up in the day-to-day operations to see the bigger picture, many self-employed will put off those things that will bring revenue in the future. These are the types of things that a mastermind group will help identify and create the right level of accountability.
2. Be instantly knowledgeable. Usually a self-employed person is someone that took something they were good at and decided to go into business. The part that becomes disheartening is when the reason they went into business actually becomes such a small part of what they do day in and day out to stay in business. The passion that started the business becomes so secondary to the things that need to be done in order to keep afloat. A mastermind group accelerates the learning in business—less struggling means more time devoted to the heart of the business.
3. Be energized and acknowledged. It can be a lonely path to be self-employed. When you do something deserving of applause there are few there to give it. Yet with a mastermind group your success will be accompanied by great celebration. There is a true sense of accomplishment when it is acknowledged by those that shared the journey.
4. Be on the move. You have read it before, but hear it once again, if you are doing the same things expecting to get different results … the end result is obvious. A mastermind group is all about getting you outside your own self-imposed box. Collaborating and genuinely using their creativity and resourcefulness to break you out of your current boundaries.
5. Be truly helpful, giving back what you have learned. A mastermind group is just as much about giving as it is receiving. Giving knowledge and sharing experiences can mean the difference between a fellow self employed professional barely making it, or taking it up a notch to real success. Each participant in a mastermind group has just as much to share as they do to gain.
I’ll offer up an extra #6. Cultivate a visionary mindset. It’s critical that you don’t just do the technical specifics day in and day out that your job requires. Again, you don’t want to get stuck in your self imposed box. So many of us, spend our days with our noses buried deep in our businesses that it’s hard to take a step back and look at things in a bigger sense. There are probably a number of ways that you could grow your venture into something on a massive scale. Instead of only thinking locally or about the limits that are visible around you, a group like this can help you envision things on a grander scale than you may have on your own. Think big!
If you think you’re an exceptional fitness professional and can benefit from being a member in a group like this, consider joining our S.P.A.R.T.A. Fitness Mastermind Business Forum. We’d be glad to have you learn and contribute. Check it out!